Don’t know what to do with the insides of your pumpkin try this delicious and easy Pumpkin and ginger soup recipe
- 1 kg pumpkin ( approx )
- 2 shallots
- 75g ginger
- a few sprigs of fresh herbs , such as chives + mint
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 litre organic vegetable stock
- 125 ml coconut milk , plus extra to serve
- ½ tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 lime
- Deseed and roughly chop the pumpkin, peel and chop the shallots, then peel and finely grate the ginger. Pick and finely chop the herbs.
- Place the pumpkin, shallots, ginger and some oil in a large saucepan and sauté until soft.
- Add the stock, coconut milk and chilli powder. Season, then bring to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Blitz in a food processor then serve with fresh herbs, lime juice and a splash of coconut milk