Now with Apple’s weekly text to update you on your daily usage, it is easier to monitor the time you spend on your phone.
There are simple ways to reduce that time:
- Get an alarm clock and leave the phone out of the bedroom instead of using your phone as your alarm.
- Set yourself a limit ; On an iPhone, simply go to Screen Time under Settings and set app limits.
- Watch TV in another room. Ban the telly from the bedroom. Watching or falling asleep with the screen on can negatively affect your sleep schedule.
- Disable notifications – or delete social media apps altogether!!
- Take your work email off your personal phone
- Don’t eat in front of the screen – take a moment to stop, enjoy your meal and take a breather from the screen.