The Refinery Guide to boosting Energy
Feeling drained? Fed up with British ‘summer’? Here’s some tips on how to get your mojo back..
Get up and Go workouts – raise the natural energy in your body and get the endorphins flowing.
Mid morning – glued to your desk? Sit comfortably with both feet on the ground – breathe in fully through the nose, then exhale through the mouth with a big sigh and repeat at least 5 time (make sure the boss is nowhere close 😉 Then have a nut bar or banana for mini boost.
Lunchtime – take a break for an exercise class or run up and down the stairs!
See Our Classes
Late afternoon – try these yoga poses to give yourself a boost (see below).
Evening – How about stretching out or mindful meditation to wind down ZZZZ – Don’t take the screens to bed – studies have shown this can be as stimulating as caffeine! How about a cup of almond milk and some yoga nidra to help you rest easy and well.
Failing all of that book on to our retreat in Ibiza for some R&R!!
Top 5 reasons to exercise more
Make friends and have fun
It improves energy levels by strengthening the circulation
May even spice up your sex life!
Kick Ass Pass
Kick Ass Class Pass – Check out our new class pass – 5 sessions for only £60 – great if you are going away or just checking out new classes.
Buy this pass
Recipe of the month
When Marta is not teaching at The Refinery she can be found in her kitchen making beautiful healthy delights. She wanted to share the below recipe with our #refinerycrew:
Vegan, Raw, Gluten free TIRAMISU!!!
INGREDIENTS FOR 3-4
For the base:
• 2-3 bananas
For the Cream:
• 2 cup cashews, soaked and drained
• 1⁄4 cup kemp / almond or soy milk
• 1 espresso cup coffee (I used a cup of decaf espresso)
• 2 tablespoon organic maple syrup
• 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
• 1 tbsp. coconut yogurt
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp lemon juice
For the Chocolate Sauce Drizzle:
• 2 tbsp. pure cacao powder
• 1-2 tbsp. maple syrup
• 1⁄4 tsp. vanilla extract
Extra for decoration:
• 1 tsp. pure cacao powder to decorate
To make the cream:
1. Place the cashews, dairy-free milk, coffee, maple syrup, coconut oil and yogurt, vanilla extract, and lemon juice in a high-powered blender (e.g. Vitamix) and blend at high speed until very creamy. Leave aside until you prepare the rest
To make the chocolate sauce drizzle:
1. Whisk the cacao powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl until smooth. I added a few drops of cold kemp milk to make the sauce a little runnier.
To assemble the dessert:
1. Cut each of the bananas into 3 even sections. Slice each section in half lengthwise (you will have 12 to 18 total pieces of banana). Place 2 of the banana sections in the bottom of a small glass bowl, and 3-4 piece vertical around the bowl. Repeat with all bowls (I used 4). With a teaspoon, drizzle some of the chocolate sauce around the bowl. Then add the cream.
2. Finish off the decoration with some of the left over bananas, some chocolate powder and chocolate sauce. Leave in the fridge to chill for an hour. Serve cool.
Enjoy! They taste as yummy as they look!
New Class Alert
Come and get your sweat on to the best tunes from the 80s and 90s. Look and feel your best as you slim and tone your way to a sexy dancer’s physique.
This electrifying, 60 minute, calorie burning retro inspired workout uses a blend of dance-inspired cardio exercises and body-sculpting movements to pump up the metabolism, blast away cellulite, build lean muscle and condition the entire body. Equipment such as light hand weights may be used to help maximise weight loss potential.
Funky Leggings and Legwarmers are sometimes unavoidable and always perfectly acceptable!
BACK TO BLOGS