Christmas comes with presents, Santa hats and FOOD – lots of it!! With lots of dinner parties, Christmas lunches, and buffets going on it’s good to have some delicious goodies you can bring to the table. We have picked out one of our fave tasty treats that you can take over to a friends or make when hosting your own dinner party. It’s simple yet delicious and will have your friends in food heaven!
1 cup raw cashews
1 cup pitted medjool dates
0.25 cup coconut flour
30g coconut flour
60ml freshly squeezed orange juice
4 tbsp orange zest
100g 75% dark chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. In a food processor add cashews, dates, coconut flour, orange juice and 2 tablespoons of orange zest
2. Process for 3 minutes until combined into a ‘sticky dough’
3. Roll the dough using your palms into golf ball sized balls and place on a baking pan
4. Place in freezer for 1 hour
5. After an hour, heath a small pan over low heat and add in the chocolate and coconut oil. Stir until melted together into a smooth sauce.
6. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of zest onto a large plate
7. Take the orange balls out of the freezer and roll each ball into the melted chocolate to coat
8. Roll over the orange zest and place back on baking pan
9. One all of the balls are coated in both chocolate and orange zest, place them back in the freezer for 1 hour longer to set.
10. Enjoy!BACK TO BLOGS