1. The science of happy movement … we won’t win any prizes for telling you that exercise will help you feel happier, but you will be surprised just how big an impact it can have on your mood. When you exercise, it increases endorphins, dopamine, adrenaline and endocannabinoid — these are all brain chemicals associated with feeling happy, feeling confident, feeling capable, feeling less anxiety and stress and even less physical pain.
2. Dance, dance, dance…… Put on your favourite music, turn it up and let go! All Darren’s classes are designed to get moving. Challenge yourself to join one of his classes.. they are tough but the tunes will carry you through.
Another great class if you love your music is Yasmeenn’s 90’s Dance Conditioning every monday at 5pm. Think Take that, Technotronic, Mark Morrison… you can’t help but feel good.
3. BREATHWORK – make change happen by shifting the chemistry in your body. Practicing Breath or Pranayama doesn’t need to be limited to only your Yoga classes. Take some of the simple techniques and put them into your daily routine. “I practice for 20 mins every morning before I start my day, nothing like it for clearing the mind and feeling grounded…
Join Mellow Vinyasa every Thursday and Saturday with Emma to get connected.
4. Pick up with things you didn’t achieve on the last lockdown …. or revisit some of the things you learnt to refresh them in your mind. Nailing that handstand, or at least practise the drills and enjoy the feeling of flight however brief!
5. Go with the flow, don’t stress if you don’t get all the things on your to do list complete. Things are hard enough right now. “Don’t add to your stress by being hard on yourself” – Courtney
6. Keep your routine – try to build yourself a schedule but make sure it’s realistic. Even if it’s just 1 thing a day. Sign up for an early morning class to start your day the right way.
7. Escapism – As we all navigate life’s ever-changing demands and chaotic trends, a bit of travel escapism can do you a world of good. When we travel, we may be evading reality or simply taking a temporary hiatus to relax and rejuvenate.
Obviously we can’t actually leave town right now—a virtual or stay at home holiday can also do the trick. However it will only work if you actually take time off to rest, rejuvenate, switch the phone off and let your mind transport you to a place of quiet, a little holiday from the noise.
Try Shaun’s Reset + Recharge with Yoga Nidra to help shift your perspective.
8. Have a long bath with a large glass of wine ! – highly recommended from our lovely Andy.
9. Continue to reach out to your community. We are always here before and after class for a chat. We will do all we can to continue to be your safe haven. A friendly face, a work out to get those happy endorphins going.
10. Last but NOMEANS least one from our Zoe
Write down your intentions and desires – getting things out of your head and onto paper is a great way to commit to something. Change and transformation can happen quickly when we believe in the possibility! xxx